Re: bootstrapping nanopi neo2

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:17 AM Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, bch wrote:

> worked for a bit (then crash), then 0x42000000 worked. I'm just
> pulling addresses out of the air, so I don't know what the best way to
> pick a good one is.

I reverted the compressed uimg change, so if you update and build a new
kernel hopefully it should work with the default values again.

Fair. I hacked my local copy of the u-boot binary and updated two addresses (kernel_addr_r and another I don’t recall name of) w a hex editor and got reliable booting (0x4008000 to 0x4208000, iirc).

For my curiosity: what are keys to picking a good address? Aligned at start of $PAGESIZE or such? Are there best candidates? Ramifications for various different choices?

Cheers,

-bch