Re: NetBSD/evbarm on qemu

On June 10, Nick Hudson wrote:
> ./build.sh -m evbearmv7hf-el kernel=VEXPRESS_A15 :)
>
> >   Does it build that by default? (Why
> > isn't it present in the releasedir then?)
>
> There are already tooooo many kernels. Maybe VEXPRESS_A15 should be
> renamed to GENERIC and we go from there

I don't care about the name, but I would like it to be added to the
release one way or the other so that it can be added to the automated
test runs.  The test infrastructure is designed to test releases, so
if the release doesn't contain a suitable kernel, it can't be tested.
Even if the test could be made to work by using files not in the
release, it shouldn't, because then the test result would not
truthfully reflect the actual functionality of the release.

There also one other issue with the command "./build.sh -m evbearmv7hf-el":
it creates a directory "evbarm" under $RELEASEDIR, but in the actual
7.1 release on ftp.netbsd.org, the corresponding directory is called
"evbarm-earmv7hf".  If this directory was created by build.sh, what
was the actual build.sh command line used?  Or is there some ad hoc
renaming step between building the individual evbarm variants and
constructing the FTP tree?
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost