Re: evbarm port on the Beagle Bones / Beagle Boards

On 05/06/17 02:28, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

hmm, I use my BBB via a serial console too but I do not make any changes
to boot.cfg, console works out of the box.

Just now, I fetched
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201705051420Z/evbarm-earmv7hf/binary/gzimg/armv7.img.gz
wrote the image to an microSD card.
Put the three files you mentioned on to the DOS partition & boot the BBB.
System resized the root & rebooted. Now it's sitting at the login
prompt. Do you have another card you could try?

My NetBSD 7.1 on the BBB gives me:
armv7# wdogctl
Available watchdog timers:
  omapwdt32k0, 4 second period

So, I added to the rc.conf (I have the daily build: NetBSD 7.1.0_PATCH
(BEAGLEBONE.201705031020Z), I saw that your version is NetBSD 7.99.71 (BEAGLEBONE))

wdogctl=YES
wdogctl_flags="-u omapwdt32k0"

Now the reboots are over. Then I enabled the resizing again.
This went without problems (32G SSD card). I disabled the boot.cfg. Serial console keeps
working for me too.

Hans