evbarm port on the Beagle Bones / Beagle Boards

Hello,
While NetBSD has had support for running on Texas Instruments Beagle
line of ARM boards for some time, it's not something that currently
which works out of the box. I'm looking into that, there are at least
two issues, one is a copy of u-boot for the desired board is required
and the other is redoing the boot scripts so we adapt accordingly,
depending on the board. Currently, scripts are spread over several files
and the presence of boot.scr which currently focuses on the Tegra board,
overrides the others as default script executed. This results in the
wrong kernel being loaded in some cases.

That said, I'd like to ask for some testing.

Fetch the latest snapshot for NetBSD/evbarm, at the time of writing that
was:
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201705010730Z/evbarm-earmv7hf/binary/gzimg/armv7.img.gz

If you have a BeagleBoard, copy a version of u-boot for your board on to
the FAT partition of armv7.img and try to boot your board (may also need
the complementing MLO file to the u-boot binary). Does it boot?
If not, does it so, if you remove or rename the supplied boot.scr script?

If you have a BeagleBone or BeagleBone Black
I have a sample boot.scr to try out. Overwrite the supplied boot.scr
script with http://www.netbsd.org/~sevan/bbb-boot.scr, does the board boot?

Note, like the BeagleBoard, you'll need to copy of a version of u-boot
for your board to the FAT partition of armv7.img (and possibly matching
MLO depending on version of u-boot).

For the BeagleBone Black, I have a copy of the 2017.03 release u-boot
binary built, using the supplied am335x_boneblack_defconfig file.
http://www.netbsd.org/~sevan/bbb-ub-201703.tbz2

Sevan