Re: Multiple issues for Linksys NSLU2 (evbarm, armeb) NetBSD in HEAD date since June 2014

> On 05/25/15 18:51, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have managed to test the patch proposed by Nick up to code as recent
>> as June 2014, and it also applied cleanly on latest HEAD when I tried
>> first, so I think is safe to be committed in CVS.

A small correction, I just realized I have screwed up the bisect and
the problems 2 and 3 are probably older than June 2014.
Looking over the logs I realized that in order to speed things up I
booted an older kernel with the user space generated from code from
June 2014. This combination worked, but June 2014 kernel+June 2014
user ran into problem 1 or 2. (see comments below).

Just as a side note, apparently there is a race condition somewhere
which makes either issue 2) or issue 3) to manifest on the broken
kernels.

> I committed it.

OK, great.

>> Because the issues were not fixed very close to the moment when they
>> were broken and they might have piled up on each other I am unsure if
>> any of the errors I am seeing in the are still present in the latest
>> HEAD, so I am asking if somebody more knowledgeable than me can
>> confirm if either of the problems below should be fixed for
>> evbarm/armeb in HEAD, or if they can be fixed in HEAD (such as problem
>> 1)):
>

> Can you just build a kernel from latest HEAD to test?

The last time I tried the problem below manifested. The problem below
is also present in  HEAD, I just tested.

>> 1) Build failure on evbarm/armeb (confirmed in HEAD from 2015-05-19
>> 22:45:57)
>>
>> ails to build with:
>> In file included from
>>
>> /home/eddy/usr/src/netbsd/net/src/crypto/external/bsd/openssl/lib/libcrypto/arch/arm/aes-armv4.S:35:0:
>>
>> /home/eddy/usr/src/netbsd/net/src/crypto/external/bsd/openssl/dist/crypto/arm_arch.h:63:5:
>> error: #error "can't build universal big-endian binary"
>>       ^
>> nbmkdep: compile failed.
>> *** [aes-armv4.d] Error code 1
>

> This is a problem in HEAD. I'll take a look...

For issue 2 or 3, I wasn't yet able to get a trace.

Is there a conflict between any of the following options? (I already
have DDB and DDB_HISTORY_SIZE and DDB_KEYCODE=0x40 from
sys/arch/evbarm/conf/NSLU2)

options DDB_TEE_MSGBUF=1
options DDB_COMMANDONENTER="trace;trace/u;trace/t;frame;show registers"
options DDB_VERBOSE_HELP
options DDB_ONPANIC=2
makeoptions    DEBUG="-g"
options VERBOSE_INIT_ARM