Re: Minor NTP question ....

On 04/20/15 08:39, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 08:22:04AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
I'm not sure about the differences, I am new to NetBSD, & absolute
unknown to kernel hacking. Someone posted in earlier thread, when I was
initially trying to get up & running, that the DS3231 was not supported,
that's what I was going on. What is the name of this config file & where
does it go, /etc ? I will be happy to try this if feasible :-) ....
Support for it has been pulled up to netbsd-7 in the mean time, however,
it is not enabled by default in the RPI kernel.

So for now you need to build a custom kernel (but we should fix that).

Martin

Eeeeek !!!! I was hoping to stay out of the 'build your own kernel' bidness if possible. Is that support going to show up in the precompiled images at some point ?

As a digressionary question, is there an analog to 'freebsd-update' to update the base parts (kernel & close kin) of the OS for NetBSD ?

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.