Re: ntpdate issue ....

In article <5520B1AE.70305%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:

>Yeah, that's wy I was soft-peddling it in previous posts. Someone else
>suggested the custom timezone, I think I will look into that ....
>*However*, ntpdate *IS* returning a bad offset from my ISP (I *think*),
>someone might wanna look into that ....

I think it is telling you that your machine has a different time than
your isp. If you run it without -q and then again, it should have set
the time, and the offset would be small.

So if you want your clock to appear 5 minutes fast and you are in EST5EDT
(AKA US/Eastern) you can "export TZ=EST4:55EDT" or something.

christos