Re: change secure level

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 08:16:25AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> So I guess the big question is whether the kernel defaults should be
> such that people can easily load modules (at least at boot) and how to
> get from here to there.

Or wether (as Christos already said) the relevant modules should be
autoloaded.

I think NPF does this, but noone changed PF (or I guess IPF) to do it.

I wouldn't use this, as module loading and firwalls on the same machine
somehow make me quite nervous, but that is not the point here.

Wether we should create a more general facility like the modules.conf I
suggested, is then yet another question. It probably would be the easiest
and most universal solution for now (and can be done in a few lines of
shell code).

Of course we can do all of that ;-)

Martin