Re: netbooting a beaglebone

This is good info to know. I am going to try this with my BeagleBone Black, my SD card reader is a piece of crap as well!

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Panu Finnila <panu.finnila%iki.fi@localhost> wrote:
Manuel Bouyer writes:
 > Hello,
 > does anyone know if it's possible to netboot a beaglebone (white, if
 > it matters) ? This would save me some time when testing kernels,
 > especially as my sd card reader isn't very reliable.

I once had BB white and it was then possible to netboot it. Currently
I'm netbooting other boards with following U-Boot environment:

cat > /boot/uEnv.txt << EOF
uenvcmd=sleep 2; tftpboot \${loadaddr} \${kernel}; bootm \${loadaddr} root=ld0a

The SD card image is following: