Re: epoch32 Fails to Boot on psion 5 MX

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 12:06:16AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> I think kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost could answer better :),

I think so too and I will email kiyohara directly.

> but that looks
> to be the message from stand/e32boot/exe/e32boot.cpp if the detected
> model does not match "SERIES5 R1" or "SERIES5mx". Maybe you have a
> slightly different 5MX?

Looking into this and I certainly do have a different version string.

> Does your boot report anything earlier before the message you've
> quoted - maybe a line with ">> Model ..."?

The model detection seems to be getting a bit of noise at the end of the string.
I have seen:
        SERIES5mx`
        SERIES5mx``
        SERIES5mxÆ

I modified the boot loader to try and boot as a 5mx even when the check fails.
This allows the kernel to take over, but I only end up with a a screen of noise.

http://i.imgur.com/dGMQ31U.jpg

Trying to boot with a serial cable doesn't give me any output ether.

I also tried a friends 5 series and cannot get it to boot furher than I do on
the 5mx.

--
Tom
@adventureloop

I don't see how we are going to build the dystopian megapoli we were promised
in 80s and early 90s cyberpunk fiction if you guys keep complaining.
:wq