Re: Current build of netbsd for rpi is unable to boot

On 7 April 2014 15:13, Nick Hudson <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On 04/07/14 14:05, Joachim Thiemann wrote:
>>
>> warning: no /dev/console
>> init: copying out path `/sbin/init' 11
>> exec /sbin/init: error 8
>
> did you switch from earm to arm or vice versa?
>
> You need COMPAT_NETBSD32 in your kernelifyou want to mix.
>
> Nick

Ah, thanks, that did the trick!  I guess I should have thought of
updating userland earlier.  I'll do so now, then I should be able to
boot with a stock kernel again (and continue trying to make it talk to
my RTC!)

Cheers,
Joachim

FYI, right now this happens:

[...]
root file system type: ffs
vchiq: local ver 6 (min 3), remote ver 6.
vcaudio0 at vchiq0: AUDS
WARNING: no TOD clock present
WARNING: using filesystem time
WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
audio0 at vcaudio0: half duplex, playback, capture, independent
warning: no /dev/console
init: copying out path `/sbin/init' 11
mounting sd0a on /mnt
setting sysctl
init.root: / -> /mnt
Tue Dec  3 18:08:37 CET 2013
Starting root file system check:
fsck_ffs: Please implement DIOCGWEDGEINFO or DIOCGDINFO for disk
device /dev/rsd0a: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Unknown error 1; help!
ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent)!
[1]   Terminated              (stty status "^T...
init: /etc/pwd.db: No such file or directory
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /rescue/sh:
#

--
Joachim Thiemann :: http://jthiem.bitbucket.org ::
http://signalsprocessed.blogspot.com