Re: Accessing NAND from NetBSD on GuruPlug

On 2/2/14, 6:33 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
I have two GuruPlugs, which work fine again now in -current.

One of them has a serial console, eSATA disk and microSD - the latter
is what I boot from. Replacing the kernels is very easy: mount SD card,
put netbsd.ub there, reboot.

The other machine has nothing, not even the serial console. This makes
updating the kernel quite inconvenient (no console, can't do it from
uboot).

When the system boots I notice two unconfigured devices, one seems to be
the wlan (would be nice to have), the other is:

vendor 0x11ab product 0x6281 (miscellaneous memory, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev
0 function 0 not configured

which translates to:

product MARVELL 88F6281         0x6281  88F6281 SoC Kirkwood

Is this the NAND memory on board?
Any pointers to docs or drivers one could start from?

It would be really nice to have access to the u-boot environment settings and
be able to write a new .ub image to nand from inside NetBSD.

Martin

I composed a private reply to Martin, but then I thought I should make this more public. :)

I did some work on a NAND driver for the Sheevaplug a couple of years ago, but never got it finished. If anyone is interested in picking it up, the diffs (against -current from January 2013) are here:

http://www.tastylime.net/netbsd/mvsocnand.diff