RPI current USB issues

Hi..

After I've got my PI, I've played around with some USB devices and found
some problems when connecting my GlobeTrotter iCON 225 3G USB stick
(uhso(4)).

Once the stick got connected (using a USB hub with a 2A power supply to
avoid power issues), the stick is recogniced correctly as USB mass
storage at the first place, gets disconnected and reconnected to provide
the Control/Application/Network/Diag port. But then, then PI's USB goes
dysfunctional (ie. network stops working, USB keyboard does not work
anymore)

Disconnecting the stick ends with some USB stalls on the ifconfig
interface and a reboot of the PI

NetBSD is current as of yesterday using earmv6hf kernel using the
generic RPI config file

any ideas?

regards
 Martin