Re: uboot & sheevaplug (dockstar)

Hi, Jean!

From: Jean-Yves Moulin <jym%baaz.fr@localhost>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 19:15:23 +0100

> On 22 Dec 2013, at 3:23 , KIYOHARA Takashi
> <kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost> wrote:
>
>>> The netbsd.ub freeze the uboot after:
>>> "Transferring control to NetBSD stage-2 loader (at address 00008000) ..."
>>
>> It is problem.  Can you re-build and try with:
>>
>> options        VERBOSE_INIT_ARM
>> options        MVSOC_CONSOLE_EARLY
>

> Even with this option, it prints nothing. It seems that uboot is unable to
> properly load the kernel. The dockstar led becomes solid orange (indicating a
> problem from uboot).
>
> Which load address are you using on yours ?

hmm...
I always tftp-ed(or {fat,ext2}load) to 0x2000000 the netbsd.ub.
The u-boot loads netbsd.bin included netbsd.ub to 'Load Address' after
prints 'Verifying Checksum ... OK' by command 'bootm'.
And jump to 'Entry Point' after prints 'Transferring control to NetBSD
stage-2 loader (at address 00008000) ...'.

First of all, Has not your SheevaPlug broken?
Is the OS of Original(Linux?) working correctly?
Or Are you use u-boot original?

Can you execute the following command after tftp or fatload?
# However, I have not execute this command... X-)

  cmp.b 0x2000040 0x8000 <hex-ed size for your netbsd.bin>

It wishes for this command to be right. :-<

Can you moreover run a kernel with the diff which I prepare?
Probably I will make the diff simply accessed to a COM port more
early.  However, I cannot touch to sheevaplug or other Marvell SoC
till a weekend.  It may contain a bug.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara