Re: NetBSD on Pogoplug Series 4

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get NetBSD running on a Pogoplug Series 4. From what I've read,
> the hardware is supposed to be similar to Sheevaplug and Dockstar hardware,
> so I started with a Sheevaplug configuration file.

That is a cool looking device, and cheap too.

Where did you read that the hardware is similar? I get frustrated
quickly with trying to find real facts on the internet, however I did
see some suggestion that the series 4 is different than previous
Pogoplug devices.

Look at the table comparing 88F6192 and 88F6281 just past halfway down
on this page:

I think it is not the same as Sheevaplug (or Dockstar).

The bootloader looks like it's doing the right thing, the kernel
doesn't look like it's correct.

Just FYI: I've been running netbsd-6 on my Dockstar for a while. There
were problems here and there in -current and I was asking about it,
but it felt like there wasn't enough time/willingness to fix stuff

The RPI seems to be making these arm devices irrelevant. It's well
documented, which makes it easier.