Re: Compiling on RaspberryPI

On 29 Oct, 2013, at 07:48 , ASV <asv%inhio.eu@localhost> wrote:
> The gmp package failed with the following:
> tmp-addcnd_n.s: Assembler messages:
> tmp-addcnd_n.s:141: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode
> `bx r14'
> *** Error code 1
> Stop.
>

> So, my question is .... am I trying something which I'm not supposed to
> due to the 'packages' often not being compilable on such architecture?
> Or I'm missing some step? Or just not all packages are ready?

The instruction it is complaining about is supported by the rpi's
armv6 MPU but is not supported in the armv5 architecture, which is
what NetBSD seems to default to if not told otherwise.  You likely
can fix this (and improve other things a bit) if you can tell the
pkgsrc system to compile for armv6 instead, but I have no idea how
to do that.  In fact it seems like the native compiler on this
machine should be assuming armv6 by default, so I'm also not sure
why you aren't getting that without having to tell pkgsrc anything.

Dennis Ferguson