Re: KGDB on evbarm (RPi)

On 12/05/2013, at 2:21 AM, Nick Hudson <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> I committed a few things that seemed to get this very close to working. Not
> sure what the last
> piece of the puzzle is...

Does the serial console need to be disabled?

Also, when I added KGDB support for the TS7200, I added the following code to
arch/arm/ep93xx/epcom.c.

+#ifdef KGDB
+        /*
+         * Allow kgdb to "take over" this port.  If this is
+         * the kgdb device, it has exclusive use.
+         */
+        if (sc->sc_iot == kgdb_sc.sc_iot &&
+           sc->sc_hwbase == kgdb_sc.sc_hwbase) {
+         SET(sc->sc_hwflags, COM_HW_KGDB);
+         printf("%s: kgdb\n", sc->sc_dev.dv_xname);
+#endif

I wrote this five years ago and I did a lot of cutting and pasting from other
places, so I can't tell you what this does.

Unfortunately I have to get back to work@job, otherwise I would look into this
some more.

Cheers,
Lloyd