Re: Free PC to help ARM development for FreeBSD or NetBSD

On 11/13/12 20:00, Hans Stimer wrote:
> I have a PC that was part of an evaluation a few years ago, and only
> had a couple months of use before being shelved. The disks are small,
> but it has room for more disks.
>
> Supermicro X7DAE/X7DAE+ BIOS Rev 2.0b 2 x Intel X5355 @ 2.66 16GB
> RAM 2x250GB SATA DVD Floppy Workstation case: 25.5 deep, 8.75 wide,
> 17.5 high
>
> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5355+%40+2.66GHz
>
> The fans are very loud.
>

> It is free to whoever has the best use for it in furthering ARM
> support on FreeBSD or NetBSD. I would prefer to deliver it somewhere
> in Silicon Valley area, but I'm willing to ship at my cost within
> North America.

And for those who don't know, NYC*BUG (.org) in NYC provides free
hosting for developers, besides a bunch of other things, including a
mess of mirrors:

http://www.nycbug.org/?action=colo

We are more than willing to help fuel the ARM building efforts for the
BSD projects.

And since it's in a data center cabinet, loud fans don't bother us :)

George