Re: Support for Linkstation Mini / Marvell Orion / ARM926EJ ?

Le 7 mai 2012 à 14:48, Jonathan A. Kollasch a écrit :
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 02:28:56PM +0200, Joel Carnat wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking at modding my Buffalo Linkstation Mini (http://goo.gl/25bec).
>> Before using Linux Debian on it, I wanted to know if NetBSD supports this
>> motherboard.
>>
>> According to there (http://goo.gl/3dFv0), the ARM926EJ would be supported.
>
> It's not the CPU core to worry about, it's the SoC.
> (Though there are possibly some CPU cores we don't already support.)
> However, the 88F5182 SoC is already supported.
>
>> What is the support status for this board ?
>
> Unknown, but should be easy to add support.  With serial console it
> should be somewhat straightforward to figure out where the kernel
> can be placed in RAM.

erf... I don't know the soldering way :-/

>> If supported, can it boot from internal disks ?
>
> My HP MV2120 (based on a similar SoC) can boot from ext2fs on
> internal disk (albeit much more slowly than it should).
>
>> And if so, is there some notes available somewhere that explains the
>> installation process ?
>
> It tends to vary a bit with the particular U-Boot in flash.
> Essentially it comes down to loading a
> compatible-with-your-board-and-version-of-UBoot kernel uImage.
> You probably want to netboot the initial test kernels.

I already did the "restore stock" procedure.
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Revert_Buffalo_Linkstation_Mini_To_Stock_Firmware

What it did, AFAIK, was force the box to fetch some bits via TFTP.
Then, those fetched bits grabbed some more to reinstall the box properly.

If I can have the box fetch "bootmini2440", will it automatically try to find
some NetBSD kernel or will it drop to prompt and wait until I issue "dhcp" and
"go" commands ; as seen here (http://xpg.dk/nb-mini2440-ht/) ? That way I could
prepare a remote NFS install.

> You will want 3V3 TTL serial port access to start testing kernels.
>
>       Jonathan Kollasch
>
> P.S.
> Please just use the unobscured URLs.

Sorry, I thought it was better to shortened them.

Thanks.