Re: Support for Linkstation Mini / Marvell Orion / ARM926EJ ?

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 02:28:56PM +0200, Joel Carnat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at modding my Buffalo Linkstation Mini (http://goo.gl/25bec).
> Before using Linux Debian on it, I wanted to know if NetBSD supports this
> motherboard.
>
> According to there (http://goo.gl/3dFv0), the ARM926EJ would be supported.

It's not the CPU core to worry about, it's the SoC.
(Though there are possibly some CPU cores we don't already support.)
However, the 88F5182 SoC is already supported.

> What is the support status for this board ?

Unknown, but should be easy to add support.  With serial console it
should be somewhat straightforward to figure out where the kernel
can be placed in RAM.

> If supported, can it boot from internal disks ?

My HP MV2120 (based on a similar SoC) can boot from ext2fs on
internal disk (albeit much more slowly than it should).

> And if so, is there some notes available somewhere that explains the
> installation process ?

It tends to vary a bit with the particular U-Boot in flash.
Essentially it comes down to loading a
compatible-with-your-board-and-version-of-UBoot kernel uImage.
You probably want to netboot the initial test kernels.

You will want 3V3 TTL serial port access to start testing kernels.

        Jonathan Kollasch

P.S.
Please just use the unobscured URLs.