Re: Some issues on Sheevaplug

On 23/05/2011 18:50, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Dave Mills wrote:
kirkwood.c splits the high and low register up into two pics with the high
register pic being chained off the low register pic on BIT0 (MainHighSum)
this is incorrect as masking off this bit does not stop interrupts on the
high register from firing.  The correct way of doing this is to have one pic
for both registers.
You sent this patch to the port-arm mailing list a while back.   It hasn't been
committed to the tree.   It definitely fixes the serial port bug (it works on
the Dreamplug as well as the Sheevaplug, not surprisingly).   The kernel seems
to work the way it did before aside from that.   So was this not committed
because it's not a clean solution (I'm not qualified to judge), or just because
nobody got around to it?

I don't have cvs write access so I am relying on someone with write access to submit it.

I submitted a bug report a couple of weeks ago (with the patch included), I'm not sure what the turnaround time for someone to look at it will be.

I believe it to be a clean solution but I guess its up to someone else to decide that.

Dave M

Thank you very much for your problem report.
It has the internal identification `port-arm/44965'.
The individual assigned to look at your
report is: port-arm-maintainer.