Re: Developer board for NetBSD flash file system development

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:35:01 +0100 (BST)
<rjs%fdy2.demon.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Ferenc Havasi wrote:
> >Here in the University of Szeged (Hungary) we are developing a JFFS2
> >like flash file system for NetBSD (and the necessary flash layer for
> >it). As soon as we reach a usable version, it will be open - with BSD
> >license.
> Great.
> >To really test it, we need a developer board with real flash (now we use
> >flash simulator for development). Can you offer an ARM developer board
> >with FLASH, where it is not too difficult to set up NetBSD on that?
> What type of flash do you need ?

Currently we focus on NAND, but we plan to support NOR devices too,
at least the flash framework will provide a common block device interface
on-top of nand and nor chip specific drivers.

NetBSD - Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability