Re: Compact Flash support on Avila Gateworks 2348-4 board.

On 04/01/2010 11:50 PM, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a Avila Gateworks 2348-4 board which is based on the Intel IXP42x series Xscale CPU [1]. I have managed to boot the evbarm NetBSD on it with NFS mounted root file system. Now I would like to install NetBSD to my Compact Flash but it's not being recognized.
I tried the IXDP425 and NSLU2 kernel configs with no luck.
My board can boot just fine with both kernels but the CF is not being recognized.
How would I go about enabling support for the compact flash?
Where to start, what to check... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Marcin.

[1]: http://www.gateworks.com/products/avila/gw2348-4.php

FreeBSD seems to have ATA code supporting Compact Flash devices on IXDP425 (Avila):
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425/avila_ata.c,v

Can any of you mighty NetBSD hackers take a look ta this and see if it would be trivial to port it to NetBSD? Having a board that has no support for any kind of storage device, neither NAND/NOR or CF makes it pretty unusable. One can't be expected to run an NFS server 24/7 only to NFS boot his router...

Cheers
Marcin