Re: boot device: <unknown> with inkernel root file system on evbarm

On 03/31/2010 10:28 PM, L D wrote:
Maybe you are having endianess issues.  Did you do this
(makefs/mdsetimage etc) using a big endian platform like ixp425 or did
you use the the LE x86?  I would NFS boot the ixdp425 and use it to
build your rootfs. I have also had to use the FFS_EI option to solve
some rootfs problems on my slug in the past.
You were right. I am building my system on amd64 and the problem was caused by indianess.
Using FFS_EI helped and this time the root file system was mounted.
But then I hit the same bug as I had with NFS mounted root file system that I reported in the
"Problems with /sbin/init on evbarm?" thread.
The /sbin/init just dies when it's ran....
Any idea why this is happening?

boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a
WARNING: no TOD clock present