[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: NetBSD 5.0.1 Support for the TS7200
That's really good news and I will download your kernel image tonight and try it out. Some follow up questions:
- If you could put up a 5.0.1 install kernel that would be great.
- I am really struggling to understand how to build a kernel for the TS7200 so if you had some sort of minimal procedure that would be greatly appreciated.
- Can you make your kernel config file available.
- What is the device driver support like for the ADC and DIO hardware in the 5.0.1 kernel.
- Have you had any experience writing additional hardware device drivers, examples would be appreciated.
Has anyone been able to get 5.0.1 installed and running on the TS7200?
I have NetBSD 4.0 and 5.0.1 running on several TS7200's for various lab
purposes. I haven't yet seen the startup panic that Ken mentioned. Weird.
If you have the 8 MB Flash version of the board, you can use the minimal kernel image (gzimg-TS7200_0x60660000) that I use at:
I don't have an INSTALL image handy right now, but I'll upload one next time I do a build. In the meantime, you can use the NetBSD 3.x INSTALL image to do a functional network install of 5.0.1 (userland, just change the FTP directory), and then drop this gzimg into flash to make it self-booting. I actually did this once!
I've had great fun with these boards -- we have one operating at the highest, most isolated point on the Antarctic plateau, running a small astronomical instrument[*] and using the Iridium satellite network for communications. Most recently, we've flown two of them on the first test flight of a stratospheric balloon-borne astronomical experiment[**]. They've survived continuous operation at -40 to -80C in Antarctica, and the nasty near-vacuum environment at 125,000 feet (35 km) altitude on the balloon. NetBSD has been running them beautifully, with generally fewer hiccups than I had with the stock Linux (2.4) that shipped with them. Pretty nifty!
Univ. of Arizona
(see "Instruments" --> "PreHEAT")
+61 419 712 581
Main Index |
Thread Index |