Re: NSLU2 won't boot 5.0

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Luazi <embedpro%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I am already using NetBSD as a bootloader. I use a NetBSD kernel in
> flash to boot a NetBSD kernel on a SATA hard drive on a DNS323.  It
> works for USB disks too!

Care to point us to documentation on how you do that? This is
eventually the direction I think we want to go, so we can get the
NSLU2 to boot NetBSD automatically. If the Linux guys can do it, so
can we. If the tools are already there and it just takes a bit of work
to get it all installed, I think this really should be documented and
done. I can help with this if you are willing to help me (us?).

I'm not much of a coder and I don't know anything about arm, I only
have experience with netbooting and booting lots of hardware using
NetBSD. Hopefully this is enough.

I'm really at the point where I'd rather run one of these little boxes
instead of keeping my i386 based server powered up all the time. That
thing sucks down some power and I'd rather not have that. I can run
many of these instead of 1 i386 box and still save the power. I'm
wondering if there are like minded people out there that would rather
use NetBSD than Linux.

Thanks!

Andy