Re: TS7200_INSTALL kernel problem solved - kernel too big!

In message:
<a3d9d8e90812111634g2c2f321bu8933cdbe2e57d48e%mail.gmail.com@localhost>
            "Patrick Collins" <normalbloke%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
: I think it would be great if we could have a very simple boot loader
: that could load a NetBSD kernel from CF. Do you think you could magic
: one of these please Jesse :)

It isn't terribly hard to write a smallish loader to do that.  The
difficulty comes in generalizing it to run on a lot of different
platforms.  Small size constraints limit how much you're able to write
good, modular code.  The boot loader I wrote needed to know the memory
size so it could program the SDRAM controller with the right memory
geometry, which makes adaptation to other boards harder...

Warner

: Patrick Collins
: +61 419 712 581
: