Re: NetBSD on the Kurobox Pro

Donald T Hayford wrote:
KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
Hi! Donald,

From: "luasi dubay" <dubaylu%gmail.com@localhost>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:05:19 -0400

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/kuroboxarm

Also newer sources:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/orion_nas

And, I will upload the source of a newer version perhaps in a few days. ;-)

Thanks,
--
kiyohara
Got the files, thanks. Should I build as big-endian (evbarm-eb) or little endian (evbarm-el)?

Regards - Don

Having recived no answer on the endianess of the processor yet, and being the impatient type, I elected to go with little endian. Is there a way to tell? The processor documentation says it supports both.

At any rate, I downloaded the files from the above link, applied the patches and attempted to build NetBSD on a Fedora 8 system, with the following results. I went to the 20080624 date for cvs checkout to try to match the files that were used in the diff file. I also manually verified that the patches were all done correctly.

$ export CVS_RSH="ssh"
$ export CVSROOT="anoncvs%anoncvs.NetBSD.org@localhost:/cvsroot"
$ cvs checkout -D 20080624-UTC src
$ cd src/
$ patch -u -p0 <orion_nas-20080624.diff
patching file distrib/sets/lists/man/mi
patching file share/man/man4/Makefile
patching file sys/arch/arm/conf/files.arm
patching file sys/conf/files
patching file sys/dev/DEVNAMES
patching file sys/dev/i2c/files.i2c
patching file sys/dev/pci/files.pci
patching file sys/dev/pci/pcidevs
patching file sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.h
patching file sys/dev/pci/pcidevs_data.h
patching file sys/dev/usb/ehci.c
patching file sys/dev/usb/ehcireg.h
patching file sys/dev/usb/ehcivar.h
patching file sys/dev/usb/uhub.c
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -m evbarm-el tools
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u -m evbarm-el distribution
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u -m evbarm-el kernel=ORION_NAS
/home/hayford/net-k/src/sys/arch/evbarm/conf/ORION_NAS:193: `pci* at orionpci?' is orphaned (nothing matching `orionpci?' found)
*** Stop.

Looking in the ORION_NAS configuration file, I found:
# On-chip PCI Express Interface
orionpex0 at orion? addr 0xf1040000 irq 11
#orionpex1 at orion? addr 0xf1030000 irq 13    # 1182 and 1281 only

# On-chip PCI Interface
#orionpci0 at orion? addr 0xf1030000 irq ?
# We do not know where to connect the interrupt of the PCI device. Therefore,
# interrupt will be establish to all pins.
#options     ORIONPCI_ESTABLISH_ALLGPPINTR

# PCI bus support
options     PCI_NETBSD_CONFIGURE
#options     PCI_CONFIG_DUMP        # verbosely dump PCI config space

pci*    at orionpex?
pci*    at orionpci?
Not knowing any better, I removed the comment from
#orionpci0 at orion? addr 0xf1030000 irq ?
and re-executed the last build.sh line ($ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u -m evbarm-el kernel=ORION_NAS). Things appears to build ok, until it goes to link everything, at which point I get the following error.

#      link  ORION_NAS/netbsd
/home/hayford/net-k/src/../tools/bin/arm--netbsdelf-ld -Map netbsd.map --cref -T ldscript -X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} ${EXTRA_OBJ} vers.o
ioconf.o:(.rodata+0x880): undefined reference to `orionpci_ca'

The following files were part of the link list, and all exist in ..obj/sys/arch/ebvarm/compile/ORION_NAS
orion_nas_machdep.o
orion_intr.o
orion_space.o
orion_dma.o
orion.o
oriontmr.o
orionpex.o
orionpci.o
orion_pci.o
orion_mvsata.o
if_oriongbe.o
orion_ehci.o
orion_twsi.o
orion_com.o
orion_a4x_space.o
orion_a4x_io.o
oriongpp.o

Grepping in src (grep -R "orionpci_ca" *) didn't find any files with the missing reference (orionpci_ca), nor did "find" find any files named ioconf* that seem to be associated with the orion/evbarm files.

So, I'm sort of stuck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Regards,
Don