Re: Clock error on bootup - NSLU2

Steve Woodford wrote:
On Friday 21 March 2008 22:57:29 Donald T Hayford wrote:
I get the following error message when the NSLU2 is booting up.

xrtc0: xrtc_clock_read: failed to read rtc at 0x0
xrtc0: xrtc_clock_read: failed to read rtc at 0x0
WARNING: preposterous TOD clock time
WARNING: using filesystem time
WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

NSLU2's clock is backed up by a battery. Have you tried setting the time manually either using date(1) or ntpdate(8)?
Both date and ntpdate work, and the Slug keeps pretty good time while powered.
I suspect NetBSD and Linux encode the time slightly differently in the RTC (they probably use a different epoch) so until you set the time manually under NetBSD you will always see this message.
Haven't run Linux on this particular device since I got NetBSD to work. :) Perhaps I need a new battery.

Thanks,
Don