Subject: Re: Does NetBSD run on Psion series 7?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@stderr.spb.ru>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/26/2007 16:59:11
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 17:12:43 +0100, Timo Myyr? wrote:

> I might be the new owner of Psion series 7 laptop which has strong ARM
> processor and I would be most pleased to install some other OS on it. Gotta
> earn geek points and all that so my question is, has NetBSD been ported to
> it?

To quote my olde mail on the subject
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2006/12/08/0000.html

The problem is that the docs for the proprietary system ASIC used in
the Series 7/Netbook are not publicly avialble.  I think Linux folks
had a special deal with Psion PLC to get access to the docs.

H/PC machines supported by hpc{arm,mips,sh} ports might be a better
option if you are looking for a small pocket netbsd terminal.

If you want to have fun and earn geek points for porting to Psion, ask
Wookey <http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/> from PsiLinux project if he
still has contacts in Psion PLC that can help with getting the docs.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe@stderr.spb.ru                       |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen