Re: Amiga screen modes in wscons

Hi Michael,

I have been able to compile a WSCONS kernel changing the values of AGA screenmodes, but indeed, it requires a lot of trial to get the right values. Compiling a new kernel each time is really un-practical, so I understand why patching is preferred.

From: port-amiga-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost <port-amiga-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost> on behalf of Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2023 0:11

> You should be able to use gdb -w to patch the binary.

Using gdb I have been able to find the variables memory addresses, but I have not been successful changing them:

# gdb -w netbsd
(gdb) info variable AGA_htotal
0x004635d4 pAGA_htotal
0x00463536 AGA_htotal
(gdb) set {int}0x00463536 = 0x79
Cannot access memory at address 0x00463536

What am I missing?

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com