RE: NetBSD/amiga video connecting via telnet to a BBS

From: Roc Vallès <vallesroc%gmail.com@localhost>
Sent: lunes, 11 de octubre de 2021 9:29
> Nice. I thought it was booting too fast... then realized you have a 060.
> That's quite the A1200 setup you've got.

Thank you, I am quite happy with it, even though I am using the stock 50 MHz frequency and my rev6 060 would support higher frequencies.

The accelerator I am using is a brand new TerribleFire 1260 [1] that provides 128 MB of Fast Mem as well. You can order one today from several makers, but the card comes without the 060, so you have to buy one elsewhere and plug into the card.

> I'm not familiar with that output... are you loading and running the
> bootblocks from startup-sequence, rather than loading the kernel with
> loadbsd?

That's right. I wanted to boot using the custom bootblock but AmigaOS 3.2 kickstart ROM will fail to load it (working nicely on 3.1), so I use the runbootblock utility from a custom startup-sequence. I know I can use the loadbsd as well, it is nice to have both options :)

Regards,
Carlos

[1] https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=65

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com