RE: Rookie questions about NetBSD/amiga

Hi John,

From: John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>
Sent: sábado, 9 de octubre de 2021 15:54
> Not sure about these, but if the WSCONS kernel works, then the regular
> docs about how to do this will work, too.
>
> http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-
> 9/latest/amiga/binary/kernel/netbsd-WSCONS.gz

I though this wouldn't work on Amiga native chipset, but I was confusing wsfb with wscons. I loaded this kernel and it worked well, even by default I have now the grey over black I was looking for; also, vim is displaying his colors, love this on the Amiga. How can I modify the bootblock loader so I default to the WSCONS kernel?

> You can try the WSCONS kernel, and enable ttyE0-E3 in /etc/ttys, then
> add wscons=YES to /etc/rc.conf.

I will try :)

Thanks for the rest of the tips for building kernel and making the system more light weight.