Re: Amiga Screen Modes

Am 31.07.2019 um 11:23 schrieb Frank Wille:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:01:13 +0200
Matthias Münch <netbsd%djbase.de@localhost> wrote:

The default screen modes for the console are 640x400 for NTSC and
640x512 for PAL. Which means that a PAL or NTSC interlace screen mode
is selected automatically, unless you have an AGA machine and -A is
given. In the latter case DblPAL or DblNTSC is selected.

Ah I see... but it seems this does not work on my A1200. It always opens
a NTSC screen after the kernel is loaded.
Sorry, just realized that I remembered incorrectly. The GENERIC kernel
defaults to 640x400, unless GRF_NTSC is commented out in the config
file.

Can I force a PAL screen? I start with "netbsd -Sn2"
I am not sure. I used NetBSD on graphics cards since the 90s, so I
never tried that. Probably you have to compile a kernel without
GRF_NTSC option and/or use iteconfig to set a new console size.

iteconfig is good solution without compiling a new kernel but its only temporary right? Any chance to make this as default?