Re: Amiga Screen Modes

netbsd%djbase.de@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Matthias_M=c3=bcnch?=) writes:

>Ah I see... but it seems this does not work on my A1200. It always opens
>a NTSC screen after the kernel is loaded. Can I force a PAL screen? I
>start with "netbsd -Sn2"

NetBSD/amiga now uses wscons.

The default in the driver is always 640x400x3 (8 colors) which configures
NTSC mode unless the kernel is built without GRF_NTSC option. Then the
default is 640x512x3.

You should be able to configure /etc/wscons.conf to use a screen with
mode "80x64" (the mode names are a bit incoherent) later. Not sure if
that affects screen 0 (the initial console). I.e.

screen 0 80x64 vt100
screen 1 80x64 vt100
screen 2 80x64 vt100
screen 3 80x64 vt100