Re: Xorg on 8.0 (A1200)

PCMCIA implies A600 or A1200.

ECS+ should have productivity (these resolutions, but double scan frequency instead of interlace) modes. Can these be used somehow?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 21:20, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
rherdware%yahoo.com@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Bj=C3=B6rn_Johannesson?=) writes:

>[  1167.601] (WW) ioctl(WSDISPLAYIO_GET_FBINFO) failed, falling back to old method
>[  1167.635] (EE) wsfb(0): ioctl WSDISPLAYIO_LINEBYTES: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Xorg wants to use wsfb, but there is no wsfb for Amiga graphics and
graphics card support probably fails for lack of PCI.

>This confuses me. Perhaps I was using the old Xamiga and not Xorg?

Perhaps.

>Also, is there a way to change the console resolution with wscons as you could with iteconfig?
>(/usr/sbin/iteconfig -w 640 -h 256 0x0 0x0bbbbb)
>I never understood why the amiga port defaults to that awful interlace mode.

The amidisplaycc backend for wscons has a list of fixed display sizes.
The console is always 640x512(PAL) or 640x400(NTSC) but you can chose
the size (from the list) for wscons screens in /etc/wscons.conf, with
e.g.: screen 0 80x31 vt100.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost