Re: wscons kernel?

Hello,

As I said, you need one of the grfN devices even when not really used.
WSCONS has several, I usually keep grf0 around so that the grfcn* routines
get linked in.

I was confusing GRF_AGA and friends with grf, thinking that I had a grf already.

Now I just have to figure out how to compile a kernel with a wedge set as
the root filesystem...

You could also use GPT partitioned disks. GPT usually has a protecting MBR
on sector 0, the GPT spans sector 1-32. The RDB however must start somewhere
between block 0 and 15. So you cannot use both together and the disk cannot
be accessed from AmigaOS or used for booting.

That's my issue. I have an Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard 1260 and Blizzard SCSI, and the Blizzard SCSI will boot AmigaDOS but is not compatible with a NetBSD bootblock. For many years I've simply used a CompactFlash card in a CF to IDE adapter to boot a kernel that has sd0a compiled in as the root filesystem, but since I thought it'd be nice to be able to mount the disk on other BSD systems, I configured the new drive at sd0 as a GPT disk. Now I have to type "dk0" for the root on every boot until someone figures out a way to boot from a GPT slice.

It'd also be nice if GPT partitioning could be used for RAIDframe, but I suppose it'll be a while before NetBSD supports booting from mirrored drives larger than 2 TB :P

Thanks,
John