Re: Xorg for amiga

Harald Meinzer wrote:

>>I think adding the following should be enough:
>
>>wsdisplay*    at wsemuldisplaydev? console ?
>
>>wsdisplay does not attach directly to genfb but to wsemuldisplaydev
>>which is exposed by genfb and other *fb >drivers.
>
> I am sorry..... this is not working:(

Indeed, there seems to be a strange problem with wsdisplay-attachment for
genfb. I wonder whether it works any better with other PCI drivers. Care to
try pm2fb(4)?

I have just committed an updated WSCONS, as the previous one insisted to
assign wsdisplay0 to amidisplaycc(4), which causes several problems (e.g.
virtual terminals and Xorg will not run on CV64 and CV64/3D). You find it
attached.

Usually it should be sufficient to replace voodoofb* by genfb* to make it
work. If it doesn't, debugging becomes difficult, especially as I don't
have a PCI bridge board. And there is nearly no debugging output for the
autoconfig procedure in the kernel. You may try to enable DEBUG and
DIAGNOSTIC for the beginning.

--
Frank Wille
# $NetBSD: WSCONS,v 1.68 2015/11/13 16:04:07 phx Exp $

# GENERIC with wscons(4)
#
include	"arch/amiga/conf/GENERIC"

# wscons(4)-aware interface to amiga custom chips.
#
options 	WSEMUL_VT100
options 	WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL		# wsconscfg VT handling
options 	FONT_VT220L8x10
options 	FONT_VT220ISO8x16

wskbd0		at kbd0 console ?

ukbd*		at uhidev? reportid ?
wskbd*		at ukbd? console ?

wsmouse*	at ms?

ums*		at uhidev? reportid ?
wsmouse*	at ums?

amidisplaycc0	at mainbus0		# wscons interface to custom chips

# Disable grf(4) devices without wsdisplay support.
no grfcc0	at mainbus0
no grfrt0	at zbus0
no grfrh0	at zbus0
no grfcl*	at zbus0
no grful0	at zbus0
no grfet*	at zbus0
no grf0		at grfcc0
no grf1		at grfrt0
no grf2		at grfrh0
no grf3		at grfcl?
no grf4		at grful0
no grf6		at grfet?

# Disable ite(4) for all grf(4) drivers.
no ite0		at grf0
no ite1		at grf1
no ite2		at grf2
no ite3		at grf3
no ite4		at grf4
no ite5		at grf5
no ite6		at grf6
no ite7		at grf7

# PCI framebuffers
#genfb*		at pci?			# CyberVisionPPC/BlizzardVisionPPC only
voodoofb*	at pci?			# 3Dfx Voodoo 3 in G-REX
#radeonfb*	at pci?			# untested

# Console support for CyberVisionPPC, BlizzardVisionPPC and 3Dfx Voodoo 3 in
# G-REX.
#options		P5PB_CONSOLE

wsdisplay0	at wsemuldisplaydev? console 1
wsdisplay*	at wsemuldisplaydev? console ?

pseudo-device	wsfont			# wsfont(4) dynamic font loading support
pseudo-device	wsmux			# mouse & keyboard multiplexor