Xorg for amiga

... is working! :)

Radoslaw and me already prepared the CV64 and CV64/3D boards for
wsdisplay(4) over grf(4) a long time ago.

Now I completed wsdisplay, including working virtual terminals, and added
the missing bits allowing to run Xorg's wsfb driver, which included:

- build the Xorg server with wsfb support for port-amiga
- provide wsdisplayio_fbinfo with graphics mode geometry
- switch from text mode to graphics mode (and back)
- mmap(2) the frame buffer for wsfb
- provide the translation table for wskbd-amiga to AT-scancodes in Xorg

As wsdisplay is sitting on grf we can still use grfconfig(8) to define
screen modes. wsfb uses the current graphics mode (usually the first one)
for its screen. All resolutions and depths were working on my CV64.

The only problem I noticed is that all graphics screen modes seem to be
moved by a few pixels to the left. I copied my AmigaOS screen modes with
Picasso96 PrintMode, so I saw the difference. Even when I copy the mode
line from the internal console, the graphics mode is shifted left. That's
probably a bug which has been there since ever.

The wskbd keyboard in Xorg unfortunately defaults to "Protocol" "standard",
so you have to add a small xorg.conf which defines "Protocol" "wskbd". But
after you did that even all international keyboard layouts will work -
except the '\' key, which unfortunately turns into a '#' with non-"us"
layouts. You have to type right-Alt-'<' instead...

CV64/3D is untested, but should be supported as well. wsdisplay and wsfb
support for other boards will be added in future. But besides my CV64, I
have only Merlin and PicassoIV for testing.

Starting Xorg on a 68060 Amiga takes more than 60-70 seconds. So be patient!
:)

When we add the radeon and voodoo drivers to Xorg it should also be possible
to run X on PCI graphics cards. But I have no means to test that either.

All changes are committed and may be available in one of the next builds.

--
Frank Wille