Re: A1200 PCMCIA problem

On 18 Jan 2015, at 19:25, Fernando Cassia <fcassia%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Jukka Andberg <jandberg%welho.com@localhost> wrote:
It starts to work if the card is removed and then reinserted while the system is up.

I tested with a few different source versions and apparently the problem was introduced with gayle_pcmcia.c 1.30. Reverting to previous version makes it work again.

The A1200 had a known hardware bug, which caused certain cards not to work if inserted previous to boot.
Google for "A1200 pcmcia reset bug".

Indeed, we know. Frank’s patch was supposed to fix this problem.

Though it does not work for some people. A bit of a mystery. The reset procedure itself (that Frank added) looks as in CardReset source, which is available on Aminet.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa