Re: A1200 PCMCIA problem

The A1200 had a known hardware bug, which caused certain cards not to work
if inserted previous to boot.
Google for "A1200 pcmcia reset bug".

It´s explained a bit here
http://www.amiga.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-58624.html

AFAIK there was a hardware based fix, and also a software work-around.
Maybe the previous pcmcia code implemented the software work-around and the
new pcmcia code does not?.

Just thinking aloud...

Same here. I applied the hardware fix (transistor and resistor, I think) because NetBSD (1.6?) would require me to either physically unplug and replug the PCMCIA card or try a hardware reset several times, and considering the machine was in a 1U case and colocated, that was a pain in the derriere.

With the hardware fix, I haven't had any issues with netbsd-7 (yet) with PCMCIA. nsphyter* is properly recognized now.

The hardware fix, if you're interested, can be found on Aminet (one of the US mirrors is hosted on my 1U Amiga 1200, incidentally).

John