Re: Gayle support reworked

> On 17 Jan 2015, at 14:39, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> Radoslaw Kujawa wrote:
>
>> I still didn't get to test that, and a few other things that should be
>> tested for NetBSD 7 :|.
>
> Is there anything I could test, while my A4000 is set up on the desk?
>
> I also need some time to debug the Xamiga crash with CV64. Seems that it
> doesn't work since NetBSD6. CV64/3D, PicassoII, Piccolo SD64, PicassoIV and
> Retina Z2, on the other hand, are confirmed to work with 6.1.5.

Since you are asking, I have a quite long list of things I was going to test. Of course, I know you don’t have all the required hardware, so anyone reading this and having some spare time is welcome to do the testing.

- I suspect some bit rot in the PCI area, as a few users reported various problems to me. So all supported bridges could use testing: mppb, p5pb, empb, em4k.

- Test CyberVision PPC or BlizzardVision PPC (pm2fb with p5pb), since Naruaki Etomi submitted patches, and macallan@ integrated them, it now might just work. If it does not, the remaining problem is probably trivial.

- FastATA 1200 Mk-III (efa). Test if PIO modes higher than 0 work, there was a bug which might have impacted proper mode setting, but after it was fixed, the driver was not tested thoroughly.

- I remember the reports (here on the mailing list) of Xamiga crashing on AGA (A1200), around Dec 2013. Was this ever resolved?

- Determine the real minimum amount of Fast RAM to run NetBSD.

- Thylacine USB (slhci) needs testing. Recent changes to USB stack impacted slhci, nick@ requested testing. Only keyboards and mice ever worked properly :P.

- ACA500 (acafh) could use some additional testing.

- X-Surf 100 (xsh) could use some additional testing.

- Test PCMCIA more extensively. Understand the bug that is causing more complex cards to fail.

- Run the NetBSD test suite and publish report, see how broken m68k generally is these days.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa