Re: IOBlix

Al wrote:

>> Perhaps for the moment run a cable between an IOblix port and the
>> motherboard serial to see if you can get it to communicate properly.
>
> What would be the best way to do this? Are you saying to set one of
> the ports on the IOBlix to 38400 and then the built in serial port to
> 9600?

I guess what John says it that you should connect IOBlix SER0 with the
Amiga's standard serial port using a null-modem cable. Of course you have
to set the same speed on both ports. :)

You need two shells to start the communication.

1st shell: # cu -l tty00 -s 9600
2nd shell: # cu -l ttyC0 -s 9600

They should connect, and when you type something in one shell it should
appear on the other. This would verify the function of the IOBlix without
the modem.

--
Frank Wille