Re: IOBlix

Hi, Al,

Is anyone currently using an IOBlix card with NetBSD 6?

I was. My Amiga 4000 is flakey right now and needs a recap, which I won't get to do any time soon. I've never had it cause a panic, though.

What is the speed of the oscillator on your IOBlix? If yours has a 22.1184 MHz oscillator, you can use it as it is. If it's a 24 MHz oscillator, you'll need to set option IOBZCLOCK in your kernel config.

28,800 baud is a modem speed, not a serial port speed. Modems can and often will negotiate without regards for the speed between the serial port and the modem - the speed they negotiate and report is between the modem and the remote modem.

I seem to remember having issues with the generated clock being wrong... I fixed it, but perhaps I didn't commit the code. I think my patches were similar to what's here:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2010/05/27/msg007401.html

However, the sc->sc_frequency *= 4; line should be /=, not *=.

Maybe I'll break out my Amiga 3000...

John