Re: NetBSD 6.1 bootblock install problems

Hi.

On 18 Jul 2013, at 8:42 PM, Howard Phillips Lovecraft
<cass_amigaos%hotmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I tried the latest 6.1 ISO for amiga, and encountered various problems ...

Could you repeat the whole installation process with a build of HEAD
development branch?

Daily builds are available here:
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/ under somedate/amiga directory

Just grab most recent one and try it again (with mini root image included
there, it _won't_ work correctly with older).

I vaguely remember these problems you describing were fixed at some point, but
perhaps the fixes are not included in 6.x.

Besides, regarding missing utilities on installation ISO, the only real problem
is missing correct loadbsd version (we're going to fix it). I'm sure this
loadbsd version is OK for the HEAD:
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rkujawa/amiga/grex-wip/loadbsd

> My config: A4000D, CSPPC/060, 16+128MB fast ram, CV3D & scandoubler, X-Surf,
> Algor.
> The only change from previous working configuration (many years ago v1.4/1.6)
> is an IDE2CF  adapter on the mobo IDE controller (I`ve already successfully
> installed WB3.9 & OS4.1).

Your configuration should be fully supported, with the exception of Algor
board. However, Algor present shouldn't confuse NetBSD. Is there any specific
error?

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa