Re: Kernel panic during installation 6.0

Hi.

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:30:15 +0000 (UTC)
> Dennis Boon <dboon%casema.nl@localhost> wrote:
>
>> uvm_km_suballoc: unable to allocate space in parent map.
>> [...]
>> Prometheus PCI card (read this is the culprit for the above panic?)

Yes.

> AFAIK there is a known bug with large Zorro RAM regions.

The above bug is related to Prometheus and it is a bug with large Zorro I/O
regions ;). It's fixed in HEAD, not yet pulled to NetBSD 6 branch.

> Radoslaw fixed
> it shortly after the release. So if you need this configuration, you either
> have to update to a current kernel or wait for 6.1.

I think your configuration should work properly with HEAD kernel. Please try
daily binary build of NetBSD/amiga from:
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/

Console on Voodoo 3 in Prometheus is not supported yet (I'm slowly working on
this). Otherwise all your hardware should work (including NE2000 in Prometheus).

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa