Using Zorro III RAM as swap space

Hi list.

I've just committed the new z3rambd driver, which allows using Zorro III memory
boards (like ZorRAM and the new BigRamPlus) as swap devices. This makes perfect
sense in machines equipped with fast accelerators, with on-board RAM, where you
usually don't want to use the slower Zorro III RAM. Raw (dd) performance of
swap on ZorRAM is around 3 times better than swap on CSPPC SCSI controller.

The driver is not very polished yet, and user is required to pass -p flag to
boot loader - this option will choose highest priority memory segment for
kernel (and not largest which is the default). If the kernel is compiled
without this driver, user gets the usual behaviour, where Zorro III RAM board
can be used as RAM (in some cases, there are known problems).

Currently only ZorRAM is supported, but I'll add support for BigRamPlus soon
(it's probably just a matter of adding vendor / product IDs).

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa