Re: crashing issues

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 07:11:28 -0400 (EDT)
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

> I hope that there is someone who can help me pin this down. My Amiga
> 2000 (blizzard 2060 128MB ram) is crashing about every 2 to 4 days
> after upgrading from NetBSD 4 Beta (John Klos's binaries) to the
> latest NetBSD 4_stable.

Is it a kernel panic? No information in /var/log/messages? And no
system dump in /var/crash?

> [...] crash every 2 to 4 days.
> [...] Also, I use NFS to
> look at the drive on another system that has like 5 million files on
> it's exported partition.

Hmm... did you keep an eye on the memory allocation? Maybe the system
is running out of physical and swap memory due to a bug?

ISTR there were some issues with it in the past (?).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know you don't want to hear that, because it probably means that you
have to rebuild your pkgsrc, but it might be the best to update to a
recent kernel. Either 5.1.2 or the upcoming 6.0. NetBSD4 is not really
known as a good release. ;)

--
Frank Wille