Re: Work on PCI support :-)

On Tue, 31 May 2011 22:01:54 +0200
Rados?aw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> > Nothing in the message buffer, after a reboot?
>
> The case is a bit complicated:
> - I don't have any free SCSI disk I could use now with the A3000.
> FastATA 4000 driver still isn't completed. I've asked Elbox about
> some details needed to finish the driver, but they never answered my
> emails.

I would just reassemble the AmigaOS device file. I can recommend IRA,
which I improved over the last years... ;)

But somehow I fear that the FastATA 4000 doesn't use interrupts at all,
which makes it useless for NetBSD.

> - I own the A1200 + BPPC, which I could use here, but my BVPPC has
> stopped working few weeks ago. No idea what's wrong with it, the
> machine won't even boot with BVPPC attached. It's probably dead :(.

Sorry to hear that. Probably a short circuit somewhere?

> - I could access the chipmem from AmigaOS after a reboot and read the
> message buffer this way... But I've never done it before, don't know
> where to start. I guess I must look into it, as it seems the least
> complicated way now...

Just use a command line based memory monitor after the reboot.
Maybe you can also move the message buffer to a fixed address which is
not overwritten when booting AmigaOS. I did the same when testing amigappc.

--
Frank Wille