Time to fix the memory allocation on port-amiga

Hi,

For a while I've written about how a 256 meg Amiga system can't access enough memory properly. For the purposes of running a bulk package build, I've compiled a kernel for my A1200 which only uses 128 megs. However, now it seems that even 128 meg systems are having problems. At various places in a build of lang/php53 on a 127 meg Amiga 4000, I'm seeing "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory" messages.

I have to start learning the internals myself if I'm to be useful. Could anyone help me get started, either by suggesting some reading materials or by suggesting a starting place to figure out where to fix these allocation issues? This should be a relatively slow week, and I'd love to get this fixed.

Thanks, and happy holidays,
John Klos